By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Website design and social media management prices

M

Miguel Rey

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of launching a business and I am looking for an affordable web developer & designer, and also someone to handle the social media for me. I don't have time to dedicate to these tasks, so the ideal would be to leave it in the hands of others. I know that the prices of these services can vary (a lot),but could you tell me your opinion of how much you think it could cost something like:

-3 pages web design with the basic elements such as contact form, mobile responsive, google map registration, and other similar things.
-The same but with 5 pages.

-How much would be ok to pay per month for the management of the website (I assume this includes hosting, domain, system updates and a couple of other things?)

-Social media management: 2 posts per week, 2 different platforms
Social media management: 4 posts per week, 4 different platforms.

Thanks in advance

P

Profise

Hi Miguel,

I run a branding and marketing agency (which also handles designs and website development) and can handle social media management for you

In my expert opinion you need a brand strategy to help fill up the pieces and also help you know what to expert when you outsource ... we have a FREE resource that can help get it here - https://refinebrands.com

The truth is there isn't a one sized answer to give you prices for these services without knowing details about your business

We are currently doing a 90% DISCOUT promo on all our design and development services I recommend you check it out at https://refinebrands.com/logodesign

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
There is a vast array of options available to you depending on your budget restraints. Here are some examples and potential price ranges that are to be expected from a reasonable quality provider all based on a popular CMS.

1. Bespoke custom Design PSD, Custom theme build, Content creation - Between £2500 - £7000 depending on functionality required.

2. Semi Custom, PSD Design, Lightweight framework but Designer uses a page builder to create the design into a working build. - £1500 - £2500

3. Templated Design, As above but with doing a design based on an existing design and customising it to look bespoke to your brand - £500 - £1500 .

There are huge differences in prices, not only from a quality perspective but also from a service perspective. Having a provider that replies to emails within a few hours instead of days, uses performance servers which they manage ( over a reseller ) can make a huge difference in quality of service, both for you the business owner, your customers/visitors and indeed how search engines see your site.

If you needed Ecommerce, Booking or custom functionality too you could expect to potentially see double those price ranges.

From what you've said, I'd imagine you would be absolutely fine with a £500 - £1500 solution to get you started.

On going fee's you would expect could be something like this :

Website maintenance: £40 ( normally an optional extra )
Webstie Hosting: £10 - £30 a month ( normally free first year )
Domain name purchase : £10 - £20 a year

Social media campaigns your most likely looking at £250 - £350 per month for sceduled posts.

Like wise any kind of starting SEO campaign ( localised ) you could see prices between £250 - £500 per month depending on requirements and goals.

Hope that helps, Obviously there will be cheaper and more expensive providers. But above is what i would consider average for a small business with trustworthy provider.

S

SethMorris

try to use freelance sites - you can find good designers

D

dmd3

Regarding website management, monthly costs can differ as well. On average, it could be between $50 to $200 per month, including hosting, domain, system updates, and some basic maintenance.
For social media management, handling 2 posts per week on 2 different platforms might cost around $200 to $500 per month. If you opt for 4 posts per week on 4 platforms, it could be in the range of $400 to $1000 per month.