Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

How Much Did You Invest In Your Website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing & Social Media' started by Allegrif, Dec 15, 2015.

1. If you have a website for your business, how much did it cost you? That is if you didn't make it yourself. I'm curious to know what others believe the 'going rate' to be for a standard, not overly-complex business website.

I didn't really know which category to put this in, so I figured it might go here.

2. I personally wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred to get set-up, with a maintainence cost of less than £50/month, but that's probably because I know how to do most of it myself.

3. Its important to get a mobile friendly website nowdays as more and more searches and views are online , i have so many websites i simply cant afford uk designers , im currently moving to wordpress as it seems a pretty solid flexible platform and using free or low cost templates , you can also have them custom made ( wordpress templates ) for quite small amounts using sites like freelancer , theres also google sites for free hosting but that wont accept wordpress ..id suggest hostgator or go daddy as you hit a button and voila its there ! i can typically pull a website together for $100 , but if you have a budget of £5k spend it ! as the auld saying , you get what you pay for ... but a basic buisness information website can be done really cheaply or even free , the laser website below cost me $100 by providing a designer in egypt some photos and text , he has customised a template .. i was happy

4. I'd disagree with 'if you have £5k to spend, spend it'. Half of our business comes from clients who have spent this kind of money on a website only to be hugely let down. We then start again from scratch and produce a better product for a few hundred quid.

5. I spent 2000$ . it looks great

6. I personally wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred to get set-up, with a maintainence cost of less than £50/month, but that's probably because I know how to do most of it myself.