Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Did You Know About The Changes To Nic's From 6 April 2015?

Discussion in 'Keeping it Legal' started by barryhynd, Oct 25, 2014.

1. barryhynd

barryhynd Founder
    Staff Member

• From the 6 April 2015, employers will not have to pay the employers Class 1 secondary National Insurance contributions (NICs) for employees under the age of 21. The rate will be 0% for these employees up to the equivalent of the new ‘Upper Secondary Threshold’ (UST).
    • New category letters will be introduced in April 2015 to help support this change.
    • It is therefore important that you make sure you hold the correct date of birth for employees.
    • More information will be sent our nearer the time.
    • Look at our e-learning Becoming an Employer for more information on employing staff.

caxyxn likes this.
  2. This is important for us, so thank you for posting. A lot of our lads are quite young so I will make sure we have the right DOB on file for all of them.

barryhynd likes this.
  3. barryhynd

barryhynd Founder
    Staff Member

I think anything that encourages employers to take on younger people can only be a good thing.

I see a lot of younger people where I live a bit disillusioned about their job prospects so hopefully this will help kickstart a bit of a change in fortune.

cruzo likes this.
  4. Yes as for me I always wanter to have own business, working for somebody else makes me feel like in cell