Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Advice On Startup Website And Email Accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a business in Scotland? Introductions' started by Liz Bud, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Hi

I am in the process of starting up a small business and want to get a website and email account set up.

I have done a little bit of research and there seems to be a number of website design and host companies available. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am just looking for a basic website but one that can be used efficiently through a smart phone as I believe that most people now use their phones to search for service provider rather than their desk tops.

Christopher Morrison likes this.
  2. HI Liz,

Did anyone help you with this? if not I can help you with this.
    All our sites are mobile friendly and affordable for local or small businesses.
    To help get you started we offer 6 months free hosting and a free ssl (makes your site use the https instead of http, helps with trust and rankings)
    Here is a link to our contact page, or just pm me on here :)

https://websites4smallbiz.co.uk/promote-your-business-online/

3. You want to make sure the site is "responsive" and will fit all the required content on multiple display sizes and resolutions. Any good web designer / company should be able to do this. Most people go for a modified Wordpress site though I've found for their initial company website.

4. We live in a time where online presence was part of the everyday life of most of us. According to the report of the International Telecommunication Union, 47% of the world's population uses the Internet in 2016, and this percentage is growing every day. So, if you still have the dilemma that your business needs a website or not, you are doing a complete injustice in your business.

"An effective website is the cornerstone of your business - the important information stored in it, and your customers expect you to get it." - Raubi Marie Perilli
    Even though the importance of online presence of all types and sizes of business is growing, there are still some small businesses that do not start their own website for their business. So, here are some good reasons why you need to have a website for your business?

The Role of the Web
    Your site - is a platform that provides all the information about your services. In this internet world you can search for what is needed and you can get information about a product that can help you make the decision to buy or not. So, being a small business owner, you should know that creating a web page for your business - is not an expensive luxury, and the availability of the key tools that are needed for every business.

24 * 7 * 365 -
    Customers can contact you, and check you offer products and services, even if your store or office is closed. The website is available to all at any time. Through the website, you actually increase the chances of selling, even when you are sleeping at home.

Increase your customer base -
    Believe it or not, more than 2.4 billion people use the Internet every day, is not that a large number? Another interesting fact is that of these 2.4 billion. About 90% or buy something, or contact the company when they need it on the Internet during the past year. So, if you do not have your own website, you are losing customers for your business.

Website helps in creating Trust-
    If you have a website suitable for your business, provide more opportunities for your business in terms of getting your trust to "become customers." Because instead of searching online before buying any product or service. So, if you have found that your site addresses the services they need, and also found good reviews from previous clients. Then, of course, you get a new customer.

None of the website does not mean the loss of business opportunities -
    Despite the fact that you are a great mouth-to-mouth marketing judge, you may lose hundreds of referrals. Satisfied customers quickly share what they think about their business, but what about their known characters who have not experienced their services? Having received the good word about their services, the first thing they will do - is to search for you online, but your efforts will be veins because of your nothingness, or maybe they will find the person offering this kind of Services, like you, and due to this you lose the opportunity to get a new customer. Which has actually indirectly helped your competitor.

No place is better than the BAD in situ -
    Without a doubt, it is important to have a website for business, but having a bad website can worsen the chances of growth, leaving a misleading impression about your business. While no website is missed or a chance, wrong or bad website means there is no business, so be sensitive in choosing a provider to create your own site. Choosing the right law firm that can understand your business and needs is an important one important task. So now, if you want to have a website for your business, go to InfoTech, here we are going to turn your dreams into a reality site.

5. When it comes to setting up a website, I suggest that you go with any easy-to-use website builder. Weebly is my option. You can test it out for free and decide whether it meets your requirements. Concerning email contacts, I use this contact management software that works incredibly fine for my business.