By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Advertising Standards Authority: Online Marketing Regulations

stugster

stugster

From 1 March, marketing communications on companies’ own websites and in other third party space under their control, such as Facebook and Twitter, will have to adhere to the non-broadcast advertising rules as set out in the CAP Code. (CAP Code: CAP Code - Committee of Advertising Practice )

Source: ASA launches ad campaign to prepare business for new online marketing regulation - Advertising Standards Authority

The ASA is calling on companies to ensure marketing messages on their websites are legal, decent, honest and truthful. It also encourages business to make sure their websites comply by seeking help and advice.

What are you doing about your online marketing material?

I'm going to dedicate a day of my time this month to go through it all and make sure it's all okay; I have no doubts that it's fine, but just making sure!

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis

Thanks for the reminder about this, Stuart. I knew it was in the pipeline, but hadn't seen any details.

It's worth noting that the code also covers many areas other than the business's own sites or those "under their control", for example, paid-for and pay-per-click advertising, and probably even signatures in email messages and forum posts.

I'm sure most of us have got nothing to worry about, but it makes sense to follow your example and devote some time to checking.

Mike