Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Wordpress Designer Theme

Discussion in 'IT & Technology' started by olbond, Dec 23, 2017.

1. olbond

olbond Member

2. MattW

MattW Administrator

3. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

A little bit more expensive but there are some companies who will do bespoke themes - unique to you :)

Businessman likes this.
  4. Steven

Steven Member

When I build for clients, I always use a premiu theme, i use divi by elegant themes, well worth it, as you can build anything using the builders.

5. selfemployed

selfemployed Super Moderator

You only get one chance to showcase your services - if visitors see a poor website they will simply leave and not come back. It is a false economy to go cheap and cheerful as opposed to classy and professional.

6. Steven

Steven Member

agreed, the issue with the webdev market just now is, people are killing the industry with cheap poor websites with a race to the bottom on pricing.

Businessman likes this.
  7. selfemployed

selfemployed Super Moderator

I have found a designer and coder for my sites and while not the cheapest I know his work is always going to be top class. At the end of the day you get what you pay for :)

Businessman likes this.
  8. Businessman

Businessman Member

Let's turn that one on its head...

'I have my own web design business and badly need some photography done. I discovered Tescos were selling cameras for fifty quid. Are they worth the money?'

The point being that there is rather more to credible, professional, commercial photography than taking a picture. Buyers of creative services tend to be quite 'savvy' and will spot a template site a mile off. It won't necessarily 'kill' your sale, but it will 'place' your services in the buyer's mind. It would be better to find and work with a competent web designer who;

i) Doesn't undermine other CI professionals by pretending to be a 'Jack of all trades' (the classic mark of the charlatan)
    ii) Doesn't want you to sell your house to pay their fees
    iii) Will probably collaborate with you on future projects
    iv) Will keep you up to speed on all the hidden pitfalls of having/managing a website

9. Jason Barnes

Jason Barnes Member

Well, if you want to find responsive html free templates, I'd recommend you this site. It has many nice examples of themes that can be used in your personal site's design. No matter what you want to do, advertsie something, or write your blog, or post yout researches, I guess they have themes for everyone's taste.