Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Problem with the forum . .

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Feedback' started by TomB, May 22, 2008.

1. Hey just wondering if anybody else is experiencing a problem with the forum today?

The first time i went to the forum i got a blank white screen and it was 3 refreshes before the forum came up.

Then now every now and then when I click into a subject or category it just loads a blank white page.

just now as well when i was posting in the IT forum after clicking submit message it when to a white screen.

Is it just me?

T

2. Yeah, I had problems yesterday too, just as you mention.

3. I'm the same. In fact I had trouble getting to this screen. Maybe Stu our Guru could have a look??

4. barryhynd

barryhynd Founder
    Staff Member

I am aware of these issues which I know are very frustrating. To be quite frank we'll be changing hosting providers very soon as this simply isn't acceptable. I just need to figure out how to move this all accross without causing to many problems :(

5. Better you than me Barry.:D

Do you have hosting in mind or can someone on here help?

6. I'm getting the same issue with a couple of sites.... couldn't get onto the new guy's 'Car Wizard site last night ..OK today... And there was another totally unrelated to the forum I couldn't access...

7. who are you currently hosted with Barry?

server transfers can be a nightmare..

I can highly recommend ehosting - UK Website Hosting Company - Shared Web Hosting, Domain Name Registration, UK Dedicated Servers and UK VPS Hosting they are very reliable, quick to respond to queries and reasonable priced.

For transferring the forum barry I would imagine the easiest way to do it (and this if just off the top of my head so it may be a bit wrong) But i would do:
    set up the new hosting account and transfer a copy of all the files to the new directory. Then take a copy of the database and import it into the hosting account.

I'd then use this as a dummy site to ensure that everything works.

Then I'd take the forum off line, tranfers the database to the new account and change the nameservers for the domain. I'd then check it was ok and if not quickly change the name server back to resolve any problems.

If you need help, I'd be happy to offer assistance.

T :D

8. barryhynd

barryhynd Founder
    Staff Member

We've been working on this for the past few hours. Are you starting to see the white screens less and less? It seems it's working better now on my pc anyway.

9. Touch wood, everything seem Ok to me now.

10. Yeah the forum is much better for me now.

Good stuff, was getting worried i'd have to do without my daily fix!!

T

11. stugster

stugster Member
    Staff Member

Sorry guys :( I tripped over the cable and pulled it out!

12. thats a smacked wrist and demoted to junior member :p

Oh well will let you off since its you . . :D

13. barryhynd

barryhynd Founder
    Staff Member

Yeah pull your socks up Stu! First you missed the spam this morning and now your pulling cables out, demotion may be on the cards :p

14. Spam this morning. . . i missed that too.

Do tell :)

15. It was just a little spam that needed the p**s ripped out of it. Come to think of it, I think we should have bombarded their website with c**p. :D

16. MarkB

MarkB Administrator
    Staff Member

Would be good to see you all back on the forum :)