Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Patenting An Idea

Discussion in 'Researching & Planning your new business' started by MarkB, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

Despite the fact that many people would have you believe that all of the good ideas already been thought of, this is by no means the case. I have had a number of ideas over the years which I have not followed through with but may do so in the future. Does anybody have any experience of patenting an idea?

My idea loosely revolves around road safety which I believe is something the government will be very keen to target in years to come.

2. Needhelp

Needhelp Member

One issue here is that nondisclosure agreements, when talking to 3rd parties, are in many ways useless. If you think your business idea might attract the attention of the authorities, why not approach them directly? If it is to do with road safety then why not approach the highways department of the Scottish government?