Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Do You Still Market Offline?

Discussion in 'Marketing and Sales' started by MarkB, Jan 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

Do you still market your products and services offline? While the internet now allows even the smallest of companies to access the worldwide market, surely local offline marketing still has a role to play? Are some businesses missing an opportunity to grab more local custom due to our obsession with going worldwide?

2. I guess it depends on your industry. But I definitely think that offline marketing is still very important - especially as part of a 'joined-up' marketing strategy, combined with email, social media etc... And I'm not just saying that because I run a print company ;-)

Businessman likes this.
  3. selfemployed

selfemployed Super Moderator

It may sound bizarre but I read all of the news online now and I actually miss moving away from my computer to read a good old fashioned newspaper.

I have always thought that the trend towards online buying and away from physical shops will turn at some point and visiting physical shops will become popular again - the internet will always be the number one retail market but shops are not yet dead and buried.

bighugemassive likes this.
  4. Businessman

Businessman Member

I do virtually NO marketing online... No Twitter, No Facebook, No Instagram... And until earlier today, not even a forum! - Although in years past, I'd been a regular user of them.

Having been 'online' since before the internet even existed - and a user of the internet itself since the days of Compuserve; for me it just got jaded... One big weans' playground; and not a place where I could interact with the people I need to be talking to. Things really started to go downhill circa 2006-ish. And since about 2012 when we do make a push it's generally via print and post. - Mind you, I've been around long enough that people know me, come back regularly and tend to put business my way.

- Our website's been 'down' since before Christmas (we generally do that over the holiday) for a bit of a wash and brush up. -Been too busy to put it back up!

bighugemassive likes this.
  5. Needhelp

Needhelp Member

Shhhhhhh, keep the offline market out of the limelight so we can all benefit :)

Businessman likes this.
  6. Wills

Wills Member

We no longer do any off line marketing in the way of advertising, leaflets, calls, emails, post or network meetings, We have acquired a lot of international clients and without the Internet we would never have them and working with local businesses may sound ideal it puts too many eggs in one basket.

7. cruzo

cruzo Member

I think offline market it is still quite important, but only if you established for a while, or you are in great location, or you have intention do your business for couple of years before you will get real profit.

8. Jeorge Waters

Jeorge Waters Member

Offline marketing is definitely alive and sometimes it's even much cheaper to use offline methods like giveaways. I will never stop giving away promotional bags for example. That's the easiest way of advertising. And when it comes to money, such bags are quite cheap, here you can look at the prices https://www.promoparrot.com/promotional-bags.html and people really use those bags so your logo and a brand name are always in sight.

9. JasonLee

JasonLee Member

Guys, I'm in my last year of Economics College. Can you advise me on a website or service where I can get quality marketing essay help? I need to write two essays urgently and I don't have time at all, I'm working. I would appreciate any advice. My studies depend on it.

10. Ronald123321

Ronald123321 Member

of course not. I had my own store. but it did not bring me a normal income. the more I had to spend all my time at work. now I'm earning exclusively online and I advise you to do so. you do not lose anything. The internet provides us with many opportunities. you can make your website and sell valuable things there. if you need quick earnings you can try to bet on sports. I just look at the forecasts and I bet on the winner. it really works and brings money. try it I'm betting here. https://1xbit.com/en/