Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Do I Have A Sleeping Disorder?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by poliq, Jul 10, 2018.

1. poliq

poliq Member

I get super sleepy throughout the day even after getting 6-8 hrs of sleep. Do I have a sleeping disorder?

2. swartz

swartz Member

You might one of the people who need a solid 8 hours of sleep every night, like Fitzgerald suggested. Low blood sugar is a very unlikely cause, that would make you cranky, dizzy, but not sleepy.
    If you're obese (not very likely you being young and working out), discuss Sleep apnea syndrome with your doctor, which can be diagnosed by sleep registration, like Ganti suggested. There is also a condition named Narcolepsy, both are well treatable.

3. versal567

versal567 Member

The idea of a sleep disorder is worth checking out. You can actually buy a watch that will track your sleep cycles and is nearly as good as a medical sleep study in determining if you're getting enough deep sleep, or just waking up constantly.
    But also check your diet. If you're eating sugar or simple carbohydrates (white bread, cereal, pastry etc.) first thing in the morning, you'll have low blood sugar about two hours later. Eat more sugar then, and be even worse two hours later. Try to maintain a steady sllep schedule. Keep the windows open, so as to feel the slow wind. To avoid the noise, put a soft pair of good ear plugs so that your sleep don’t get disturbed. Invest in a nice, soft comfy pillow and mattress (here are some useful reviews https://sleepmentor.net/best-latex-mattress/ – find the best one)Turning down, or off, lights helps your circadian rythym adjust and kick in the melatonin. Bedrooms are for sleeping, and occassionly getting lucky; no TVs, cell phones, or computers! Check into that.