Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Anyone Know Of A Good, Cheap, Reliable Registrar?

Discussion in 'IT & Technology' started by Businessman, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Businessman

Businessman Member

Apologies for this possibly being in not-quite the right section... Gremlins!

For many years I've used Easily to register and administer my domain names. changes to their systems and tactics over the past few days however, mean they'll be losing me as a customer! I'm finding their pricing a bit ripe too!

Does anyone know of a good cheap reliable registrar - UK based of course, preferably Scottish. Obviously any company in the Netnames group is out of the running.

2. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

I have used Namecheap, GoDaddy (the name gives me the creeps lol) and Moniker in the past - Namecheap has been the easiest to use, Moniker by far and away the worst.

3. Businessman

Businessman Member

GoDaddy I don't fancy - yeah; the name gives me the creeps too! Not heard of namecheap; but I'll look into them. Really upset with Easily, I've been with them 18 years without any real issues! their new system seems to be a complete mess!

4. MarkB

Namecheap is cheap and cheerful - no bells or whistles but easy place to park your domains and simply point to your nameservers.

GoDaddy must be the worst name ever from a PR standpoint - really does give me the creeps lol

5. Businessman

Businessman Member

Bells or whistles aren't required... I just need the names parked and pointed really. - Really disappointed with Easily, they seem to have gone down the road of robotic support workers and not giving a toss about loyalty/service; greedy barstewards too! £18 to renew a .com for a year! Namecheap seem to be asking about $10! - I'll need to do some reading, the first of mine expires at the end of March, so I'll transfer them one at a time. - It's a pity, I'd rather have given the work to a UK company, but, hey-ho! Why pay more?

6. MarkB

I have used Namecheap in the past with no dramas and, as you quite rightly say, all registrars seem to be foreign-owned today. How many websites do you have to park at a registrars?

7. Businessman

Businessman Member

There are about a dozen or so domains... The actual hosting is elsewhere.

8. selfemployed

selfemployed Super Moderator

How did yo get on Matt - did you find a suitable registrar?

9. Businessman

Businessman Member

Moving cautiously on this one... The first of my names transfers out at the end of March; at the moment it's looking like Namecheap.

10. Needhelp

Needhelp Member

I have also used Namecheap in the past without any major problems.

Businessman likes this.