Dismiss Notice
A very warm welcome to the site :)

Please feel free to browse the forums at your leisure. If you'd like to post a new thread on the forums or respond to an existing thread you are required to sign up as a new member.

Dont worry though as registration is FREE!

<<<JOIN HERE!>>>

Affiliate Marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing & Social Media' started by LucidCaledonia, Dec 5, 2015.

1. I was once an affiliate markerter myself, and made a small amount of money, although not enough to replace a day job.

Do you think it is wise to get affiliates to market your business for you?

2. Allegrif

Allegrif Member

How exactly does this work? I hear about it a lot, but nobody's ever explained it to me in layman's terms.

3. You get someone to do your marketing for you, and in exchange they get a direct cut of the profits. You'll often see it in the form of referal links.

4. selfemployed

selfemployed Super Moderator

If you can find a product/service which offers good margins then it is certainly something to consider - affiliate commissions can vary from say 5% up to 30% and many people do make a living out of affiliate marketing. One thing to bear in mind, your affiliates need to have confidence in your affiliate reporting and YOU therefore you might need to join the likes of Webgains.com and Affiliatewindow.com who manage affiliate programs. So not only do they have the systems in place to track and report affiliate clicks/links but they also have the confidence of the affiliate marketing industry - those joining a program know they will get paid. Watch when going down this route as these affiliate marketing companies often charge fairly hefty set-up fees and will also take a slice of every affilaiet sale - as well as the website instigating the affiliate sale.